The Asian smartphone industry has been undergoing somewhat of a value-for-money revolution and Huawei’s release of Honor 4C is just another example of how these manufacturers are offering good quality phones on tight margins to gain customers.
For the price, the Honor 4C has unexpectedly good build quality. The phone is powered by Huawei’s own 64-bit octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 620 SOC based on Cortex-A53 coupled with 2GB of RAM. It has 8GB of built-in storage that’s expandable via a microSD card. The phone’s camera department features a 13MP rear camera with a wide aperture and 5MP front facing camera. Honor 4C comes with 2,550mAh battery under the hood.
The phone has a polycarbonate body with minimal side bezels. The front of the device sees a 5-inch 720p display accompanied by three capacitive buttons at the bottom of the display.
Huawei Honor 4C Specifications:
- CPU: Octa-core 1.2 Ghz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Unknown variant
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 620
- OS: Android 4.4.2 Kitkat based EMUI 3.0
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G Dual-sim
- Design: Polycarbonate body
- Display: 5” with 720p resolution (294 ppi)
- Scratch-resistant glass
- RAM: 2 GB RAM
- Internal: 8GB
- Card slot: expandable by 32 GB via microSD
- Primary: 13MP with 1080p video, HDR and Flash
- Secondary: 5MP
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with GLONASS, FM Radio
- Battery: 2,550 mAh
- Colours: Black, White, Gold, Pink, Blue
- International Price: 129 US Dollars (Price in Pakistan would be naturally different)
The phone will comes with Emotion UI 3.0 based on Android KitKat 4.4.2. There are different color options available from the start including Black, Blue, Gold, Pink, and White color options. The 8.8 mm thin phone comes in at a bargain price of only $129 which is comparable to the cheapest offerings from major manufacturers but the difference being the Honor 4C’s mid-range specifications at the price of an entry-level phone.
With Huawei’s increasing presence in Asia and Europe, such valuable offerings from Huawei will definitely put it ahead of its rivals.